San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Hands-on engineering leader, experienced in the entire product development lifecycle, from requirements gathering through development, deployment, and operational support.
Slalom is a global consulting firm that helps people and organizations dream bigger, move faster, and build better tomorrows for all.
- Developed and implemented migration strategies for customers moving from on-premise (data center) deployments to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Recognized by colleagues with a Delivery Excellence Double Diamond award for work with first client.
MX Ledger is a platform that helps small aircraft owners track their maintenance records
- Designed, developed, and deployed the full application stack from initial concept to working product
- Leveraged AWS serverless solutions to keep operational costs low while maintaining sub-second response times
- Implemented a blockchain-backed system along with DynamoDB to deliver auditable, versioned records with low latencies
- Developed Use Case documentation for all implemented features
- Achieved over 90% test coverage across Go, Typescript (Angular), and Java codebases
- Entire infrastructure managed with Terraform and Terraform Cloud
Watchwith (acquired by Comcast in 2016) developed an award-winning interactive video platform used by NBCUniversal, Fox, Disney, CBS Interactive, and Viacom
- Architected a solution that evolved from supporting connected Blu-ray devices to millions of connected TVs
- Managed local and remote teams developing applications for TVs, STBs, and mobile devices (iOS & Android)
- Delivered services that scaled from zero to 20k+ concurrent connections to support high traffic voting events for The Voice, America’s Got Talent, and American Idol
- Migrated all Watchwith services to Amazon Web Services in April 2010 and continued to adopt new AWS services as they became available
- Operating Systems & Utilities: Linux, Regular Expressions (RegEx), vi, Git
- Frameworks & Libraries: Angular, ngrx, RxJs, Spring, Jest, Spock, gorilla/mux, Tika
- Cloud Tools: Amazon Web Services, Terraform Cloud, SendGrid, GitHub
- AWS Services: Lambda, DynamoDB (NoSQL), Cognito, IAM, EC2, Beanstalk, ECS, RDS, QLDB, SQS, SNS, SES, Kinesis, Route53, ACM, CloudSearch (ElasticSearch), Textract, API Gateway, CloudFront, S3, WAF, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, X-Ray, Backup, Organizations, Systems Manager, VMWare on AWS
Patents & Papers
- US20120173754 System and method for interfacing content playback devices with network sites to supplement content playback
- US20170041644A1 Metadata delivery system for rendering supplementary content
- Gerzso, M.J. and Dalrymple, M.J. (1998). Executable Drawings: The Computation of Digital Architecture. Proceedings of Acadia’98. Eds. S. Van Wyk and T. Seebohm. Quebec City
- Gross, M. and Dalrymple, M.J. (1997). Executable Drawings: Embedding Computation in Computer-Aided Design Drawings. final report of a Colorado Advanced Software Institute Undergraduate Research Grant
B.A. Architecture and Design, University of Colorado Boulder - Focus on Computer-Aided Design